Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for leek & baked potato soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best leek & baked potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to leek & baked potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don't always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Working out at the gym isn't something people want to do when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that getting healthy doesn't have to be hard. If you keep going with it, you'll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Choose water over other refreshments. Sipping a soda or cup of coffee from time to time won't hurt you too badly. It is definitely, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. Having water instead of other types of drinks is a good way to aid your body in its health and hydration. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Effective weight loss efforts often depend entirely on water intake.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Don't ignore that health isn't only about just how much you weigh. You need your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to leek & baked potato soup recipe. You can have leek & baked potato soup using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make leek & baked potato soup:
- Take 1 stalk of leek 6-8 in. long.
- Get 3 medium of leftover baked potatoes (cold).
- Take 1/4 small of onion (minced).
- Take 3 cup of stock (chicken or beef or veg.).
- Provide 3 tbsp of butter.
- Get 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 tsp of salt (split).
- Take 1 tsp of cracked black pepper (split).
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- Take 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Take 1/8 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Get 1 of splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 of or 3 DROPS liquid smoke.
Instructions to make leek & baked potato soup:
- over medium heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter and olive oil in 3-4 quart pot..
- cut leeks into 2-3 mm thick slices, put into bowl and separate into slivers.
- add to hot oils.
- add minced onion..
- stir often with wooden spoon. Do not let leeks brown. They will become bitter..
- add 1/2 of the salt and pepper.
- after about 2-3 minutes, add garlic powder..
- add remaining 2 tbsp. butter, melt..
- add flour to create rue..
- stirr often..
- incorporate 2 cups of stock. Stir until smooth and silky..
- add paprika, coriander, Worcestershire, lemon juice..
- stir until well blended..
- add a little more stock and reduce heat to a good simmer..
- dice cold potatoes (I use yukon golds) any will work.
- add to soup. stir..
- after potatoes are added, the starch from them will continue to thicken it. add stock as needed from here out..
- add 2-3 DROPS of liquid smoke. ONLY A COUPLE OF DROPS. This is strong flavor..
- if you don't have liq. smoke, double smoked paprika. Or use a pinch of cumin..
- let simmer 15-20 minutes. eat..
If you find this leek & baked potato soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.