Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sausage Calzones recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sausage Calzones recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn't have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Drink water, not other drinks. Soda and coffee, when used in small amounts, aren't that bad. It will be, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. When you pick out water over other beverages you are helping your body stay very healthful and hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is ordinarily one of the keys to really losing weight and becoming really healthy.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or limited diets. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also important. Don't forget that health isn't only about how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to sausage calzones recipe. To make sausage calzones you only need 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sausage Calzones:
- You need of Calzone Dough:.
- Take of instant dry yeast.
- Take of brown sugar.
- Use of salt.
- Get of warm water.
- Use of olive oil.
- You need of all purpose flour + more as needed.
- Get of Sausage Filling:.
- Get of olive oil.
- Take of ground italian sausage.
- Use of green bell pepper, diced.
- Provide of red bell pepper, diced.
- Provide of red onion, diced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Use of each salt, pepper, dried basil.
- Prepare of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Use of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- Get of large egg, beaten.
- Provide of Marinara Dipping Sauce:.
- Provide of olive oil.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Use of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Take of dried basil.
- You need of brown sugar.
- Provide of each pepper, salt, onion powder.
Steps to make Sausage Calzones:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, place the yeast, brown sugar, salt, water, oil and 3 cups of flour. Set the speed to low and let it go until the dough starts to come together. Continue to let it knead until the dough forms a soft ball that pulls away from the sides of the bowl. It should be tacky, but shouldn't really stick to the skin. Add in more flour if you need to, to get it to that point in 1/4 cup increments. I usually end up using close to 3 3/4 cups..
- Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and place a clean towel over it. Let it rise for 1 hour, until double in size. About halfway through rise time, go ahead and start the marinara sauce and the sausage filling. For the marinara, get the oil heating over medium heat in a small pot. Once it's hot, add the garlic and cook until just fragrant. Then stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar and seasonings. Once it begins to bubble, lower the heat and let it gently simmer until calzones are done..
- For the sausage filling, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the sausage and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it is browned throughout. Then add the peppers and onion and cook until they have softened up a bit. Add the garlic and seasonings and cook just another couple of minutes before removing the pan from the heat and setting it aside. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large pan with parchment paper..
- Once the dough is done rising, turn it out onto a large table or counter. Seperate it into 4 equal sized balls. One at a time, roll each ball out into a 12" circle. Once it's rolled out, place 1/4 of the sausage mix into one side of the circle, leaving room along the edges. Then sprinkle 1/4 cup each of white cheddar and mozzarella over the meat. Stretch the other side of the dough circle over the meat and cheese and pinch the two sides closed. Then fold and tuck the ends firmly together..
- Repeat with each of the dough balls. Place all calzones on the prepared baking pan and use a sharp knife to cut 3 slits in each calzone. Then brush the beaten egg all over each one. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are golden brown. Then remove the marinara from the heat. Let the calzone sit for just a few minutes before serving..
If you find this Sausage Calzones recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.