Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Treats.
We are all aware that eating healthy meals can help us truly feel better within our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. Finding snacks that help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There's nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
If you are looking for a speedy snack, you can't go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A bit of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning hours. When you need a fast snack food on your way out the door, don't forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Choosing whole grain foods is always far better than eating the refined grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it's uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) recipe. To cook tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) you need 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork):
- You need of baking soda.
- Provide of salt.
- Get of boiled and shredded chicken breast or pork roast enough to fill each tamale with 1tbsp of meat.
- Use of red or green salsa of your choice that can be found on my profile..
- Provide of water.
- Get of corn husks or banana leafs.
- Take of 4 lb bag of maseca for tamale.
- You need of you can also instead of meats and salsa use sliced mozarella cheese slice tomato slice onion and slice jalapenos.
- Use of fresh manteca (lard) or crisco shortning melted.
Steps to make tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork):
- in large mixing bowl or electric stand mixer add all dry ingredients, slowly add water..
- it should have a consistancy almost like a brownie mix when it has enough water in it.
- add lard and mix well, it should loosen it up ..
- place corn husks in hot water to make them pliable..
- mix shredded meat and salsa together.
- when corn husk is soft take it in your hand place a hand full of masa in it spread it out and add meat filling.
- fold over one side then fold up the bottom, then fold over other side..
- in the bottom of the tamale steam pot fill with water until it gets to the vent plate, lay some corn husks down over the vent plate, and start layering the tamales in..
- when you r done making the tamales place another layer of corn husks on top and cover with a damp cloth and the lid..
- if cooking inside, place on stove on high then lower to med-low when you hear the water boil..
- if cooking outside on a gas stove do the same, just make sure to check often to make sure it doesn't run out of water and burn the bottom..
- it takes about 3 hrs for them to steam, when done remove carefully from the pot and place on a cookie sheet so they can cool down some..
If you find this tamales de pollo o puerco (chicken or pork) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.