Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn't constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn't always have to be super hard work. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Pick water over other products. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every occasionally isn’t a horrible idea. Using them for your only source of hydration, conversely, is dumb. Ingesting water instead of other types of drinks is a good way to aid your body in its health and hydration. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is ordinarily one of the keys to really reducing your weight and getting healthy.
There are a whole lot of things that work toward your getting healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Wanting to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren't the only signal of your healthfulness. It’s about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to barbecue chicken empanadas recipe. You can have barbecue chicken empanadas using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Barbecue Chicken Empanadas:
- Provide of Bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 cups shredded).
- Take of Corn on the cob (to yield about 1/2 cup kernels).
- Get of Olive oil.
- Use of medium Potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1 cup).
- Take of small Sweet onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup).
- Use of Fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped, (about 2 tablespoons).
- Take of large Garlic cloves, minced.
- Use of Barbecue Sauce.
- You need of Egg white.
- You need of Empanada discs (14 ounce package, found in frozen section of most markets), thawed overnight in refrigerator or a couple of hours on countertop (leave in package to thaw)..
- Prepare of Few springs fresh cilantro for garnish.
Steps to make Barbecue Chicken Empanadas:
- Place chicken in a large stock pot and add water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat, remove chicken from water and place on a plate to cool. Once cooled, pull chicken from bones into fine shreds. Measure out 2 cups and set aside. *Note: Do NOT overcook chicken, or the meat will be chewy. It will continue to cook during baking..
- Heat a heavy cast iron grill pan over high heat and add corn, turning cobs frequently until blackened in several spots, about 4 minutes per 4 sides. Remove from pan, let cool. Slice kernels from cobs and measure out 1/2 cup and set aside..
- Heat large saute pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add diced potatoes and stir fry for approximately 10 minutes, until potatoes are soft and golden brown. Add chopped onion and chopped jalapeno and stir fry for an additional 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes, so as not to burn the garlic..
- Lower heat to medium low, add shredded chicken, corn kernels, and 1 cup of barbecue sauce to pan and gently fold ingredients together to cover with sauce. Simmer mixture for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool in pan..
- At this point, preheat oven to 350°F..
- Gently separate dough disks and, using a rolling pin, place each disc on a piece of wax paper and roll each disc out until each is about 1 inch larger in diameter. Scoop out 1/4 cup of filling and spread horizontally along the center of each empanada disc. Gently bring the bottom edge over the filling and press to the top of the disc to form a semi-circle and press firmly together to seal. Starting from one corner of the empanada to the other end, pinch to seal or simply crimp together with a fork. Set side-by-side down the length of a parchment-lined half baking sheet. You should have 10 filled empanadas with leftover filling that will go well as a topping over rice..
- Whip egg white until foamy and, using a pastry brush, lightly brush tops (including crimped parts) of each filled empanada..
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, until tops of empanadas are golden brown..
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, and serve..
- *Serve alongside barbecue rice and garnish with fresh cilantro..
- Note: Filling can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator overnight..
If you find this Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.