Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken cacciatore recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken cacciatore recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken cacciatore recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn't Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we're always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. If you currently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you're getting them and if it's the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to chicken cacciatore recipe. To cook chicken cacciatore you only need 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken cacciatore:
- Prepare 4 of skinless chicken breast haves.
- Get 1 of salt.
- Provide 1 of black pepper.
- Get 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Use 1 of medium onion, thinly sliced.
- Take 1 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- You need 12 oz of white mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 14 1/2 oz of can whole tomatoes in juice, chopped and juice reserved.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Use 1/8 tsp of red pepper flakes or more to raste.
Instructions to make Chicken cacciatore:
- Rinse chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over moderately high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides for about 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Reduce heat to moderate.
- Add the onion and pepper. cover and cook for 5 minutes. stir occasionally..
- Add mushrooms. cook uncovered until mushrooms begin to brown..
- Add the garlic. cook for 30 seconds..
- Add wine. cok until reduced by half..
- Add tomatoes and juice, oregano, red pepper flakes ans 1/4 teaspoon of salt..
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Return the chicken to the pan. simmer, covered for 20 minutes or until chicken is done..
- Serve over rice or noodles..
If you find this Chicken cacciatore recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.