Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooker Beef Rendang recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Beef Rendang recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Many of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are not good and to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to eat. There are some foods that, when you consume them, can improve your mood. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, test out some of these.
It's easy to fight your bad mood when you are eating grains. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all great for helping you feel happier. They can help you feel full for longer too, which is a mood improver. Feeling famished can truly bring you down! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are not difficult for your body to digest and process. You digest these grains quicker than other things which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel happier, mood wise.
As you can see, you don't need to eat junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Try a few of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to slow cooker beef rendang recipe. To make slow cooker beef rendang you need 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Slow Cooker Beef Rendang:
- Provide 1.5 Kg of Chuck Steak.
- Use 1 of Stem Lemon Grass.
- You need 1 of Med Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Ginger, chopped.
- Use 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Provide 1 of Med Onion, thinly sliced.
- Get of Chili peppers.
- Take 3 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- Provide 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon Stick or 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon.
- Use 8 of Fresh Curry Leaves, torn.
- Provide 2 tsp of Brown Sugar.
- Take 425 ml of can Coconut Milk.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Beef Rendang:
- Cut Beef into 3cm pieces.
- In food processor combine Lemon Grass, chilies, Onion, Garlic, and Ginger until smooth..
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onions and ground spices. Cook stirring until Onion is soft..
- Add lemon grass mixture to the spices and and continue to cook, stirring until fragrant..
- Stir in beef, Cinnamon, Curry Leaves, and sugar..
- Put everything in crock pot and add the coconut milk. Simmer covered for 4 hours and then for an additional 4 hours uncovered..
- Serve with basmati rice and your choice of side dishes. I like it with garlic naan..
If you find this Slow Cooker Beef Rendang recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.